EXPLORE NYC is a hands-on science exhibit that brings the exploration of nature and science to the streets. Elements include:
- a custom-designed cart and benches for seating;
- specimens to explore, including rocks, feathers, bones, moss, water samples, and more;
- a nature-sounds listening station;
- microscopes and magnifying glasses;
- water-color pencils, brushes, and instructions about techniques of biological drawing;
- a nature rubbing activity;
- science books to read;
- staff, volunteers, and educators to facilitate.
The program has been developed in partnership with the Harlem-based HYPOTHEkids, a K-12 nonprofit science organization.