EXPLORE NYC is a hands-on science exhibit that brings the exploration of nature and science to the streets. Elements include:
- a custom-designed cart and benches for seating;
- specimens to explore, including rocks, feathers, bones, moss, water samples, and more;
- a nature-sounds listening station;
- microscopes and magnifying glasses;
- water-color pencils, brushes, and instructions about techniques of biological drawing;
- a nature rubbing activity;
- science books to read;
- staff, volunteers, and educators to facilitate.
The program has been developed in partnership with the Harlem-based HYPOTHEkids, a K-12 nonprofit science organization.
Have a question?
Blog posts about EXPLORE NYC:
EXPLORE NYC is a hands-on science exhibit for all ages that brings the exploration of nature and science to the streets of NYC. Today's exhibit featured urban birds in partnership with Washington Square Park Eco Projects, and we set up at the entrance to the park so...read more
The Uni Project's READ and EXPLORE programs landed at a NYC DOT Weekend Walk in East Harlem hosted by Concrete Safaris. On a closed-off street, people explored a curated collection of books at our portable reading room and looked at specimens through microscopes and...read more
Today, we launch a special series of pop-up installations serving West Harlem. First stop: Sheltering Arms Pool, where our BUILD NYC program (interactive building stations, playful materials, design challenges) will land every Friday through July. In...read more