EXPLORE NYC is a hands-on science exhibit that brings the exploration of nature and science to the streets. Elements include:
- a custom-designed cart and benches for seating;
- specimens to explore, including rocks, feathers, bones, moss, water samples, and more;
- a nature-sounds listening station;
- microscopes and magnifying glasses;
- water-color pencils, brushes, and instructions about techniques of biological drawing;
- a nature rubbing activity;
- science books to read;
- staff, volunteers, and educators to facilitate.
The program is staffed in partnership with the Harlem-based HYPOTHEkids, a K-12 nonprofit science organization.
Have a question?
Blog posts about EXPLORE NYC:
Our portable exhibit about urban nature returned to Sara D Roosevelt Park today, featuring bird specimens from WSP Eco Projects and biological drawing activities. Our fall residency in Chinatown continues thanks to the generosity of our individual donors...read more
Our portable, hands-on exhibit about urban nature landed in Sara D Roosevelt Park today. And our fall residency in Chinatown will now extend into October thanks to the generosity of our individual donors who are leading a special fund drive. Join them and...read more
Our portable, hands-on exhibit about urban nature landed in Sara D Roosevelt Park as part of our fall residency in Chinatown. People tried biological drawing techniques using water color brushes donated by Blick Art Materials and examined urban bird specimens prepared...read more