EXPLORE NYC is a hands-on science exhibit that brings the exploration of urban nature to the streets. Elements include:
- a custom-designed cart and benches for seating;
- specimens to explore, including rocks, feathers, bones, moss, water samples, and bird study-skins from WSP Eco Projects;
- a nature-sounds listening station;
- microscopes and magnifying glasses;
- water-color pencils, brushes, and instructions about techniques of biological drawing;
- a nature rubbing activity;
- science books to read;
- staff, volunteers, and educators to facilitate.
Help us expand EXPLORE NYC in 2019!
EXPLORE NYC travels across New York City with a special focus on underserved neighborhoods. Thanks for your support!
Become a sponsor of EXPLORE NYC!
EXPLORE NYC is supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.
Blog posts about EXPLORE NYC:
In July, we'll bring special programming to Sara D Roosevelt Park at Hester St, featuring birds and a chance to explore biological drawing. Our residency is made possible with funding from the Paul and Phoebe Bock Activism Fund and Eileen J Shields in memory of...read more
Residents and visitors to Chinatown had an opportunity to explore urban nature in Sara D. Roosevelt Park in Chinatown, thanks to the Blackstone Charitable Foundation and Blackstone employees who volunteered and work one-on-one with children. Blackstone has generously...read more
Children and families were treated to a chance to explore urban nature and build with Lego and MagnaTile in Sara D. Roosevelt Park in Chinatown today, thanks to the Blackstone Charitable Foundation and Blackstone employees who volunteered and work one-on-one with...read more